Potter's Store was rebuilt as a sturdy one-story building

original-32 w.jpg

Title

Potter's Store was rebuilt as a sturdy one-story building

Description

Potter's Store was rebuilt as a sturdy one-story building, but the rains of 1938 created a bigger mudslide that pushed it all the way into the street. Charles Potter salvaged the lumber and rebuilt his store again, this time across the street, giving it the longer name Potter’s Topanga Trading Post. Later, it became part of the Malibu Feed Bin.

Date

1930s

Source

Digital only

Rights

Materials in this collection may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of Topanga Historical Society gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.

Contributor

Thais Rust-Sykes
←Next Item
Previous Item→

Collection

Citation

“Potter's Store was rebuilt as a sturdy one-story building,” Topanga Historical Society Digital Archive, accessed April 15, 2024, https://topangahistoricalsociety.org/archive/document/1809.